MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE APPLICATION – AFTER THE CEREMONY TAKES PLACE
- We apply for your Marriage Certificate for you. We do everything online to speed up the process.
- The cost of the Marriage Certificate is $54.70 paid to Births Deaths and Marriages. This includes the certificate being posted to you via Registered Post.
- Births Deaths and Marriages will send you an invoice as soon as the marriage has gone through the registration process.
- You pay the invoice to Births Deaths and Marriages
- They will post the Marriage Certificate to you by registered post.
BEFORE THE MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE CAN BE APPLIED FOR:
There has to be by law a short ceremony or a more intimate ceremony if you so choose. The Short n Sweet ceremony is the similar to what you would get at the Registry Office without the cold impersonal element and can be officiated on the beach, in a park or at a private residence. This ceremony is intimate, romantic and done with sensitivity and care and includes preparation and submission of all legal documentation.
LEGAL DOCUMENTATION AND WITNESSES
- The Notice of Intention to marry form needs to be completed and lodged with me at least 31 days before your wedding date. We prefer to have this document just after you book so that it can be recorded as lodged. You can have it signed in front of a JP and then emailed to us if you prefer and we can meet closer to the ceremony date. You will need to bring the originals with you when we get together.
- You will need 2 witnesses. These witnesses can be family or friends but they do need to be over the age of 18.
3. These documents need to be sighted by us. Without us sighting these documents BEFORE your ceremony, the ceremony cannot go ahead.
- Passports or Birth Certificates
- Drivers Licenses
- If either of you have been divorced – Divorce Court Document
- Utility Bill with your current address